On this site, I have tried to give useful information about various aspects of road traffic law. I have taken care to try to make the information complete and accurate and as the law changes when the Courts make decisions or new Acts of Parliament come into force I will update the information.
These short general notes are no substitute for a proper analysis of the facts of your particular case which can only be done as part of obtaining and paying for legal advice. You may of course use the notes as general guidance but not as a substitute for comprehensive and up to date advice from me or another solicitor. I do not accept responsibility for any loss that may be suffered as a result of information on this site and if you want advice you can rely on you should obtain it from me or another solicitor.
I should also make it clear that the material only relates to the law in England and Wales and can change rapidly and unexpectedly.
This is the basis on which I offer the information on this site.
If you are a client and we have made a contract with you by electronic means you may be entitled to use an EU online dispute resolution service to assist with any contractual dispute you may have with us. This service can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. Our email address is [email protected]
The content of these web pages is subject to copyright and all rights are reserved. Unless I agree otherwise in writing you may only print or copy items for your temporary personal, non-business use. Permanent copying or storage of any pages or any part of these pages or the re-distribution by any means is not permitted. You may not use my trade marks, nor link to my website, without my written permission.
- Police Powers of Vehicle Seizure and Disposal
Published 16 June 2020
- Speeding Offences on the Rise
Published 10 June 2020
- Speed Detection Devices Not Necessarily Conclusive.
Published 14 February 2020
- Police Christmas Drink Drive Campaigns
Published 20 December 2019
- Speeding Lady
Published 14 December 2019
- Hiring chauffeur a “hardship” for tycoon
Published 20 November 2019
- A man spent £30,000 of his savings on a failed legal battle "for justice" over a £100 speeding fine.
Published 20 September 2019
- Driving whilst using a mobile telephone – the law clarified
Published 16 September 2019
- NIPs to the Wrong Address
Published 20 July 2019
- Laser Jammers in the News - Again
Published 15 July 2019
- Don't Ignore the Big Red X
Published 25 June 2019
- Drug Driving and the Law
Published 13 June 2019
- Alcohol Immobilisers
Published 9 April 2019
- Driver Alcohol Detection Systems for Safety (DADDS)
Published 9 April 2019
- Were the proceedings started in time?
Published 4 April 2019