About David Barton
30 years experience
I qualified as a solicitor in 1982 and have represented drivers involved in road traffic prosecutions all my working life. In fact the very day I qualified I represented a motorist who had been summoned for driving without insurance.
In the last 36 years as a motorists' solicitor I have represented hundreds of clients in connection with all types of driving offences.
I do all the work
I am a Solicitor Advocate which means I can help and represent you in Magistrates' Courts and Crown Courts. Not all solicitors can do this.
Because I am a specialist motorists’ lawyer, I am the only person in my firm who will deal with your case. I won’t pass it to an unqualified clerk or caseworker. I will advise you, prepare your case and attend Court with you until it is finished.
In complex cases there are occasions when I have to work with other specialists, for example accident reconstruction experts, or those qualified to analyse CCTV footage or speed detection equipment. When that is necessary I know who to work with.
You will find me to be clear, concise and accessible.
My ethos and values
My approach to my work is very simple. If I think you have an arguable case I will work tenaciously to achieve the best possible outcome.
Conversely, I won’t take your time or money pursuing arguments that are unrealistic.
I will tell you honestly and straightforwardly if I do not consider you have a defence or if I don't think you can achieve the outcome you want.
I will provide you with an excellent service, bespoke and tailored exactly to your requirements.
I work across England and Wales
Although I am based in Kent I can and do represent clients in all courts in England and Wales.
- Celebrity acquittals give the wrong message.
Published 14 January 2019
- On Yer Bike!
Published 15 August 2018
- New Breath Test Devices Will Likely Convict More Motorists
Published 24 July 2018
- Speed limits could rise to 60mph when less activity is taking place on motorway roadworks
Published 24 July 2018
- Keep the right side of the law when driving in the snow
Published 28 February 2018
- Should the UK have graduated driving licences?
Published 22 February 2018
- Gordon Ramsay's Cling Film Trouble
Published 11 February 2018
- Introducing my VLOG
Published 1 December 2017
- Section 172 Notice - Practical Advice
Published 28 November 2017
- Drug-Driving Cases Dropped Over Forensics
Published 21 November 2017
- Moving House? Another Item for the Checklist..
Published 17 November 2017
- The Right Kind of Drink Driving
Published 9 November 2017
- Tougher Motoring Penalties On The Way
Published 26 October 2017
- How Average Speed Cameras Work
Published 20 October 2017
- Dangerous Cycling?
Published 6 October 2017